Silly me! Staying at home really has me confusing my days and dates. I thought yesterday was the 16th- my guess date for baby "Bit"'s arrival. But, to my surprise, when I woke up and saw my phone calendar this morning, today is the 16th- not yesterday. Haha! So when I get the dreaded question, "When's your due date?" a million times a day, I get to say, "Today" for the second day in a row. Pregnancy brain :)... Like it matters anyway- since it's NOT a due date but a "guess" date- and really it's a guess month and NOT a day (hence the reason why the question annoys me). However, not to worry, I will try to get the baby's date of birth correct once he/she arrives. I guess in that case, if I was confused on my days when he/she makes his/her arrival then that could be bad.
Psalms 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him, do not fret..."
As the end of this pregnancy has arrived, I am not feeling like most of the moms I hear from. Frankly, I feel like I could be pregnant for at least an entire more month and not mind. I love being pregnant! And, I know- sadly- that this is a precious time that I will never get back once it's gone. I feel so blessed!! However, I know that it is time to start relinquishing this season and allowing things to move forward into the next. I want Bit to have peace that he/she may arrive at any time, and we are so excited. So, I need to switch focus and concentrate on why I am excited that this pregnancy is nearing the end:
1) I am excited to know how great my birth was- that Bit and I did it! I got a text from a friend and fellow midwifery student the other night telling me to hurry up and settle down and have this baby. I asked her why and she said she was excited for me to go through labor and tell her how it really is. That cracked me up (you'd understand if you had our job)!
2) I am excited for JB to experience labor/birth firsthand- poor guy has heard years of my stories.
3) I hope this baby has some hair because I am excited to rub that soft baby fuzz hair against my cheek all day
4) I am excited for JB and I to unwrap our package- is this a boy or a girl?!
5) I am looking so forward to my herbal bath with Bit after birth
6) I am so excited to have my own birth photography by Lynsey (http://www.dfwbirthphotographer.com/)
7) I am so thankful that I get to experience and claim the Lord as my Shelter during labor/birth
8) I am excited for my family to experience normal labor/birth firsthand
9) I can NOT wait to be able to stop answering phone calls/emails/txt/questions about whether or not the baby has arrived. I am so thankful that people care so much, but... I promise we will NOT keep Bit's arrival a secret!!
10) And, finally, I am soooo excited to spend hours and hours a day relishing in the blessing of our baby- counting fingers and toes over and over again, just staring... Cherishing everyday for just like this pregnancy, it all goes by too fast!
1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed, and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him"
In HIS perfect timing, Bit shall be here shortly... Thank-you, Lord, that YOU have perfect timing!